Sunday, October 31, 2010

Northern Everglades 10.31.2010

This AM, David, Dave, and I hit the water early, to explore the Northern section of the Florida Everglades. The weather was perfect. It was the low 70's, the wind was about 5 MPH, and lots of overcast. It was very relaxing to experience the quiet and fresh air. Dave cooked chicken on his grill and we brought left over ribs and Caribbean Slaw. We took a quick dip afterwords. The water was very refreshing; however, with the number of Alligators that we saw, we did not stay in the water very long. Unfortunately, I slip and fell on the boat ramp, when loading the boat. I landed on the back of my head. I received a nice gash and bruise. Needless to say, I have a throbbing headache and my neck is stiff. It could be worse! No pain, no gain.



American Anhinga




American Alligator


Great Blue Herons


Red Shoulder Hawk



American Anhinga


Grilling!
Chicken Kabobs and Caribbean Slaw


Refreshing!
My lovely gash from the fall on the boat ramp :(


No comments:

Powered By Blogger