Monday, May 26, 2008

No parking at the beach today

After breakfast, we attempted to visit the beach; however, due to starting out late on a holiday (Memorial Day), we could not find any legal paring spots. We decided to drive along the beach and stop for spots that offer a quick shot of its beauty. It was a gorgeous day in the low 80’s and the humidity has dropped from the front that is passing through the state.
Shamoo
Boynton Beach Inlet Park




Manalapan Beach







Lake Worth Beach


Lake Worth Bridge & Pier





Bryant Park



Nice car...it really needs detailed nside & out!






On the way home, we stopped by Frank’s house to explore what was in bloom. Below are shots from his beautiful yard.

Iris
Phalaenopsis


Rain Lilly
Magnolia
Yellow Hibiscus
Ground/Terrestrial Orchid
Bananas
Purple Passion Flower


Rain Lillies
Dragon Flies


4 comments:

Denis Wilson said...

Hi Joe

So many photos. I shall have to upgrade to broadband. Downloading lots of photos is such a pain for me.

Nice warm day at the beach, obviously. Air Temp 88*F does not surprise me, but water temp of 80*F does. Seems really hot, to me.


Nice photos of the flowers and Dragon Flies. Aren't Passion Flowers bizarrely beautiful?

I take it the car is new. Very nice.

Cheers

Denis

Joe said...

Broadband or cable is a must!

The water is warm in this part of the world any more. I went swimming yesterday and it was pleasant and refreshing.

I have that same Passion Flower on my fence: Purple Passion Flower. This variety does not produce fruit.

I bought the car last October. I traded in my SUV because I have wanted a convertible for years; however, I do miss my SUV, as I have has three of them. Sadly, Toyota has discontinued this model.

Denis Wilson said...

We have a local Passionfruit - not as pretty as yours;
http://peonyden.blogspot.com/2007/10/sublime-to-extraordinary-in-200-metres.html

Also the lovely pink-flowered Banana Passionfruit is a round here, but it is a weed, and smothers entire trees. Beautiful flowers, but a bast*ard of a plant, unfortunately.

Cheers

Joe said...

The fern on the tree on your log looks like what we call the resurrection fern. The orchid is beautiful!

We also have our share of annoying plants; however, most of them are not endogenous to Florida.

Powered By Blogger