Monday, July 21, 2008

The ATT saga continues


Upon arriving home from work today, I found the expected box from ATT that contained their DSL modem. I had already planned to call them and inquire on the procedure to return the box and its content. This was to be my closure. I thought wrong! ATT continued with their cluster fuck that included the order not being cancelled, my phone line not being cleared, and me having to partake in part of my experience last Friday; therefore, closure is not happening this week. Additionally, my order with Vonage is delayed because ATT's comtrol issues. Vonage cannot sucessfully request for my number to be transffed until my line is cleared of the DSL service, even though its not activated and Earthlink cancelled their services. I was informed that because of ATT's cluster fuck, my Vonage service may not be established for 14 days (that includes transferring my current phone number). Sound like the Twilight Zone? After 45 minutes of conversations and being transferred to three people, my request to ATT is once again allegably in process. I can say with confidence that Comcast is successfully providing me with internet service. We have to mention positives and accept situations that are gratifying.

4 comments:

Denis Wilson said...

At the risk of promoting another outburst from you, Joe, why are they sending you a box with a modem when you are trying to disconnect from them?
I don't get it.
Denis

Joe said...

Because an order was processed by someone. The box was in route when canceled. To prevent from being charged for the contents of the box, it needs to be returned to ATT. Additionally, I am upset from the time I have spent with ATT discussing this matter, their overall attitude towards the matter, their lack of follow through, and the fact that they continue to drag their feet over a resolution.

Denise, I am upset (not at you for asking) because with all of the choices we have for services, with the federal regulations that are in place to make numbers portable, as well as the that ATT can operate in such a hostile fashion and still be such a big company.

I have made my choice to move on to other service options that are more cost effective. Too bad ATT is one of the more expensive options and still have one of the worse customer support services.

Scott & Liz said...

But Joe...Tell me how you really feel...

Joe said...

I feel like I clearly spent more than 60 minutes addressing this issue.

Powered By Blogger