Saturday, July 19, 2008

Back on-line via Comcast


I was off the net for a few; however, thanks to Comcast, I am on the net today. I was with Earthlink for sometime and closed my account after a recent cluster-fuck with ATT (imagine that). I resolved the newest cluster-fuck and Earthlink stated that my account would be down for as long as 14 days to allow for ATT to clear my line and for Earthlink to be allowed (by ATT) to re-instated their DSL service onto my line. I canceled my Earthlink account and went to Comcast and purchased their service. I was on-line within minutes of returning home. Next, I tweaked my Airport Extreme router for my new service and re-established secured home network. All is working again and faster than ever (12 MBPS from 1.5 MBPS). My MacBook Pro and iPhones now scream with speed!

Since ATT is such a cluster-fuck, I went to Circuit City and purchased Vonage for my landline via my cable service. Joe, the sales clerk, assited my in establishing this new service. I am now waiting for Vonage to switch my old number from ATT that can take 10 days because ATT are assholes about allows theor customers to take their numbers with them (the new federal law). The only thng ATT does that is easy is take your money and cause headaches.

6 comments:

SAS said...

Go figure! Too bad AT&T treats their customers like this. Welcome back.

Joe said...

ATT/Cingular/Bell South (or whatever their name is today) simply does not get customer support. I spent way too much time on them phone with them to address their mistake with no indication of remorse. Too bed for Earthlink because they lost a customer over ATT's negligence. For me, Comcast and Vonage have saved the day. Now ATT is saying that I cannot transfer my number to Vonage because I still have DSL attached to my number! It will all work out.

Denis Wilson said...

Hi Joe

I noted your absence. And now I have learnt a new word from you!
Not quite sure what it means (exactly) but I get the general idea.
We have a former Government-owned TelCo, which has been privatised, and is now being run by Ex-Pat Americans (who learn their trade working for AT&T). So I have some sympathy for you.
Good that you are on line again.
Denis

Joe said...

I apologize for the graphic terminology; however, they has me pretty upset over the issue and the amount of time that I spent on the phone to resolve everything.

Redzlan said...

Hi Joe!,
Good to know you're online again, at least you have a choice.
Over here (in most part of country), we have only ONE choice - Telekom Malaysia which controlled TM Net (Internet provider) and Celcom (cellular network provider). Controlling both land-lines and cellular-lines.

Joe said...

Tabib,

Thank you for sharing. I have to look and accept the gratitude that you presented.

Powered By Blogger