Monday, January 28, 2008

2008 World Orchid Conference (WOC)



Yesterday, I traveled to Miami to attend the WOC some a few friends. We had a great time, even though we were taxed for time. The event closed at 6 PM and we did not arrive until 3 PM because I had to present my program at a fund raiser. We saw a lot of awesome specimen of orchids from around the world. My fear of having an asthma attack from the strong fragrance of all of the plants in an enclosed area did not come true and was minimized to only a head ache. The best part was receiving a beautiful orchid for an extremely discounted price and another one for free from a friend's wife who working the event with her family who traveled from Taiwan to present and sell orchids. They also allowed me to hold and smell a specimen that was for sale for 1K! I am so glad that I did not drop it :)! I did for get my camera because I was rushing, so I do not have any shots of this magnificent event :(! I do have a few shots of the colorful specimen that I brought home and that are being exhibited in our living room. I now prey that the cats do not makes these specimen into a new toy!





2 comments:

Onknees (not_onknees at the moment) said...

I love the orchid pictures. Pat has a friend that does about $3K in sales every weekend. The Orchid Doctor at the Delray Greenmarket....

Joe said...

I purchased two orchids from him at a sale at the Mounds Society a few months ago.

Powered By Blogger