Sunday, April 13, 2008

Green Cay Nature Center and Wetlands



Today, we walked the Green Cay Nature Center and Wetlands. The park had a awesome butterfly garden that was loaded was various specimen of butterflies and indigenous plants. We saw lots of birds, specifically Storks. Being that it was early afternoon, there were a lot of turtles sunning themselves. We only saw two gators. One was a hard shot because he was floating on the weeds, only showing his head. I captured over 150 shots before editing these down to 135 shots. I am slowly learning how better use my camera and lenses. I am also glad to have a spare battery! We had a great time in this restored piece of paradise.







Coopers Hawk



This bird scared the crap out of me!








The follow two are of gators. The second pictures is of a gator patiently waiting for his food source, while being completely hidden by the environment.


Turtle roll call!





I like palms that do not grow perfectly streight!



4 comments:

vicky112 said...

Joe, thanks for sending me this link to your page. Always enjoy the pix you send me. Makes me wish I was there. Vicky

Joe said...

Vicky,

Thanks for stopping by. How are you and Bob doing?

Now that you have a blog, you need to add something to it!

utestephan said...

wonderfull pictures

best wisches from germany

ute

Joe said...

Utestephan,

Thank you!

Powered By Blogger