Saturday, April 26, 2008

Mounts Botanical Garden, Frank's Garden, & my new plantings

Today, Frank and I visited the plants show at Mounts Botanical Garden. Afterwards we visited Frank's garden that is in full bloom and beauty; then planted some new stuff on my patio. I do not have shots from the plants show; however, I do have some nice shots of Frank's well planted garden below:


Cuban Chameleon

Vanda Orchid


Red Lilly



Giant Air Plant and Orchid

Cuban Chameleon

Ground Orchid


Red Penta



Mound of Dune Sunflowers

Monarch Butterfly


Ground Orchid

Brain Cactus

Tree Fern

Another mound of Dune Sunflowers

Purple Passion Flower

Banana Trees

Bhudda Belly Bamboo

Coontie



A bee on a Dune Sunflower


Ginger

Heliconia



The shots below are of the ground orchids that I purchased at the plant show. I planted them in ceramic pots that are placed outside of our sliding glass doors on our patio:

Terrestrial Orchids

Terrestrial Orchids

Terrestrial Orchids
Terrestrial Orchid bloom

2 comments:

Sylvie said...

I like your blog. Great photos. Our one visit to Florida was awesome. It was primarily planned as a birding trip, but we are interested in all aspects of nature, and your state has so much to offer!

Joe said...

Thanks!

We have a fat black (tuxedo) cat too. His name is Boo and weights around 20 pounds.

Powered By Blogger