Sunday, April 20, 2008

Purple Passionflower

Frank gave me a clipping of the Purple Passionflower vine about 10 months ago. It has taken started to spread and bloom. This is a pretty flower that does attract some butterflies, but not as much as the Red Passionflower vine will.

I am starting to think that this is a Red Passionflower. Even though I am color blind, the flower does look red to me; however, colors can vary during different seasons, amount of consistent heat, and with the amount of sunlight. Additionally, the flowers are not clustering like the red varietal typically does?

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hmmm...this passionvine looks like red to me, but then maybe the purple looks pretty close to a red...it sure is beautiful.

Joe said...

Looks red to me too; however, the colors of flowers can vary from season to season and with temperature.

Powered By Blogger