Thursday, October 8, 2009

Crabbing 10/05/2009


This afternoon, Debbie invited Liz, David, and myself to assist her in setting some crab traps. Being that I am always open to new things, I decided to add this to my list of experiences. Debbie placed pig feet in each of her 6 traps. We loaded the traps onto her pontoon and were off to place them in sea grass for harvesting. We simply tossed them into the water with their painted bouey's tied to a rope (for identifying).

This adventure also landed us at Beer Can Island, where the locals go to lounge in the shallow waters. It was a fun and a relaxing afternoon! Did I mention that it was stress free? Ah, the perks of being on vacation!

Debbie, Liz, and David

Liz and I getting ready for some hard labor!



That is taxing! HAHA ;)

Where do we sign up?
Beer Can Island






2 comments:

Ben the Butterfly Guy said...

I miss Florida, Siesta Key, Clearwater, Key Largo (John Pennekamp Park)... Great photos

From,

Ben Bolet
benthebutterflyguy.blogspot.com

Joe said...

Ben,
Thanks for dropping by. I added you to me blogroll. I have toyed with a butterfly garden and really need to give it some attention!

Powered By Blogger