Monday, March 22, 2010

Fern Forest Nature Center

Jennifer, David, and myself visited the Fern Forest Nature Center this morning. The weather was perfect for this outing and I was happy that we only encountered a few mosquitoes. It was 67 degrees, humidity of 43%, and a wind of 8 mph. Portions of the trails were muddy from last week's heavy rains versus the paths being shaded. I wish I could bike this terrain because a lot of the paths are riddled with roots, rocks, fallen limbs, cypress knees, and mud; however, bikes are not permitted. This is an awesome park that I plan on visiting often. We walked the entire park in approximately 3 hours. Next time, we will pack a picnic, as there are several tables in the parking lot that re shaded. Afterwards, we settled for 5 Guy's for burgers and fries.
































No comments:

Powered By Blogger