Saturday, June 21, 2008

Green Cay


After being sick since Monday and being out of work for the last three days, I was going crazy from feeling miserable and from being house bound. I decided to go for a walk at Green Cay, even though is was raining on and off. We brought our dorky umbrellas and schlepped through the preserve. I met a few cool people along the way and had some positive conversations.

I will takes Scott's advice and purchase a field text for identifying these beautiful specimen!


Wood Stork

Limpkin

Great Egret

Marsh Rabbit


American Bittern


Anhunga

Tri Colored Heron


Moorhen with chicks

Mottled Duck with chicks

American Bittern

Purple Galliune

Marsh Rabbit

Black Necked Stilt
Juvenile Black Crowned Night Heron


Great Egret & Little Blue Heron


American Bittern eating a Dragon Fly
American Bittern eating a Dragon Fly

Wood Stork

2 comments:

Scott & Liz said...

Joe, Great pics!!! So you are the one who gave liz and I this summer cold...or was it us giving it to you? I was just telling Liz we should go to Green Cay and lo and behold there you are. Try the bird list on Green Cays web site for IDing your pics.

Joe said...

Thanks for stopping by! I had to get out of the house before I freaked!

I do not know who got who sick; however, this stuff is nasty! Mine manifested from an upset stomach, to the summer cold, to bronchitis and I still do not feel that great. Bad Karma?

I purchased three Audubon Field Guides today: Birds, Butterflies, and Amphibians & Reptiles. These guides have color pictures, but the narratives are located in a different section of the guide.

I purchased two lens protectors that helped in some shots; however, the haze from the humidity stopped the UV and Polarized gizmo from working all that well.

You guys should visit with the kids, as Lief who have a great time with his camera. There are several really cool preserves around here. Additionally, I can grill for you guys! Our door is always open!

Powered By Blogger