Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mourning bird watch on BPK: the smorgasbord

I went down to the local watering hole first thing this AM (730 AM) to snap some shots of the smorgasbord and local festivities of this domain. I had fun, even though the mosquitoes were eating me alive! I saw many species of birds, a Key Deer, a fawn, as well as endured the smell of the water and its chemistry. As Scott suggested, I need to review some text to start obtaining a better knowledge of the indigenous species.








6 comments:

snack said...

i'm glad you guys are having a good time this weekend! :)

Joe said...

We are glad that you came down. We are having an awesome time. We just got back from snorkeling a few small reefs. It was beautiful! We saw huge schools of Angel fish, Grunts, as well as grouper and etc. It going to suck going to work tomorrow!

Scott & Liz said...

Hey Joey,
Pic #2 is a Green Heron/ Butorides striatus
#3&4 are Reddish Egret/ Dichromanassa rufescens
Scott

Scott & Liz said...

pic 6 is Great Egret/ Casmerodius albus

Eva Matthews said...

I love those Reddish Egret pictures.

Joe said...

The Reddish Egret was pretty bossy!

Powered By Blogger