Sunday, February 3, 2008

Butterflies, Caterpillars, an Iguana, and a Black Racer

Below are pictures from my friend, Frank's home. Has done a great job of planting beautiful trees, bushes, and a Butterfly Garden. He has planted Purple, Red, and Blue Passion Fruit Vines that really attract Butterflies! These are Monarch Butterflies and Caterpillar.






I came home from work one day and discovered this approximately 3-4' Iguana perched on a Fox Tail Palm limb that was hanging over our gate. Basically, this creature was around 12” from my face. This guy remained in this spot for three days before I hosed him away. He was obviously a pet this escaped or was let loose because of his size.



I was visiting another friend’s house who also done a great job of landscaping his yard with indigenous specimen. I was looking at his Fire Bush hedge and noticed this 3-4’ Black Racer sunning himself.





For those of you who wondering why I am posting this blog, its because it is rare to see a snake or a butterfly in the city these days!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh...what a COOOLLLL pic of the snake eye peeking through the leaves!!! I love it!!!

Joe said...

Thanks. That was taken at my friend's house. The snake was in his fire bush hedge.

Powered By Blogger